Managing the ebb and flow of today’s market influences is more difficult
than ever before. Skill and experience are no longer the only determining
factors. Success demands information, huge amounts of it. More important
than the raw data, however, is the power to view it from many distinct
vantage points. Changing your perspective and your approach to trading is
of paramount importance in protecting your assets and creating new
opportunities as we look to the future. Financial Strategies works with
brokers and clients to distill those perspectives into profitable goals.
Financial Strategies Contact Information
Greg Putman, Senior Vice President - Head Financial Strategist (713) 435-4385
Mark LaRue, Vice President - Financial Strategies (713) 435-4382
Jennifer Flores, Analyst (713) 435-4455
Ruben Rodriguez, Analyst (713) 435-4451
Kenneth Young, Analyst (713) 435-4454
Home > About Coastal > Financial Strategies Department Services
Portfolio Analytics Service
- Our proprietary COASTALVIEW® program provides a comprehensive set of analytical tools designed to give clients the ability to address the multiple dimensions of top-down portfolio analysis including risk/return profile, asset allocation decision, performance expectations and leverage decision.
- The COASTALVIEW® system includes the following reports:
- Market Value Detail Report summarizing the portfolio holdings.
- Market Sensitivity and Yield Performance Reports. These reports evaluate the price sensitivity and the yield performance of the portfolio under seven interest-rate parallel shift scenarios.
- A Total Return Report tracking bond and sector performance on a monthly or quarterly basis. Our return methodology satisfies the AIMR standard of return calculations.
- A monthly report displaying portfolio principal and interest.
Security Swap Program
- Coastal's Financial Strategies Department works closely with brokers and clients in order to develop and analyze securities swap ideas, using an in-depth swap model that takes into account all relevant aspects of the trade proposal.
- The Coastal swap model displays a breakeven analysis under the current interest rate environment.
SBA and USDA Prepayment Reports
- Prepayment reports are available to Coastal clients through the Coastal Securities web site. We also provide an extensive analysis of the historic CPRs on SBA and USDA securities. Contact you Coastal Securities representative for access.
Portfolio Pricing Service
- We provide portfolio pricing services which incorporate multiple internal and external pricing sources in combination with date and source documentation and a rigorous externally-audited quality control procedure.
Portfolio Cusip Matchers
- Coastal provides reports to its representatives that show current market offerings that match existing security positions in COASTALVIEW® portfolios.
Maturity Matchers and Daily Called Bond Report
- Coastal representatives are provided with daily reports on client portfolio holdings that have matured or are expected to be called within the next month, allowing clients the ability to quickly reinvest principal proceeds as they are received.
Portfolio Accounting Service
- A detailed portfolio accounting and inventory reporting service designed to meet the information needs of clients in the areas of portfolio accounting, securities inventory and management, regulatory reports, cash flow management and board reporting.
- The areas covered by these reports include inventory holdings analysis and summaries, cash flow projections (including detailed P&I), interest rate risk, regulatory reports, FAS 115 portfolio designations, mark to market (pricing), pledging, safekeeping, premium amortization/discount accretion and maturity distribution.
Newman Portfolio Management Service
- A complete cash flow and yield analysis for Mortgage Backed Securities and SBA Pools.
Bond Ladder Analysis
- Coastal can provide a complete cashflow analysis for laddered bond portfolios - perfect for assisting clients with funding anticipated cost needs and draw schedules.
Client Inquiry Driven Requests
- In addition to the multitude of capabilities detailed above, Coastal's Financial Strategies Department can meet most any specialized request from our clients.
- We provide our clients with a monthly newsletter with in-depth economic news and analysis
- Weekly market updates available on our website at www.coastalsecurities.com